MBUS Rear (Back-Up Sight) Gen 2
The MBUS (Magpul® Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits most 1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
• Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
• Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
• Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
• Clamps to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
• Protective wings shield the dual, same plane flip apertures
• Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
• Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
MBUS – Rear
• Weight, w/ hardware: 1.3 oz.
• Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
• Center of aperture to top of rail: 1.42 in.
• Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
• Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
~0.7 MOA (0.754"/100m) per click with a 14.5" sight radius
~0.5 MOA (0.547"/100m) per click with a 20" sight radius