MBUS Front (Back-Up Sight) Gen 2
The MBUS (Magpul® Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16 platform.
• Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
• Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
• Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
• Clamps to most any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 railed hand guard* and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
• Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
• Elevation adjustment tool included, but most aftermarket A2 front sight adjustment tools may be used as well
MBUS – Front
• Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
• Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
• Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
• Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
~1.6 MOA (1.886"/100m) per click with a 14.5" sight radius
~1.2 MOA (1.367"/100m) per click with a 20" sight radius
*NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.